Last night was a Lunar Eclipse. My oldest wanted to stay up to watch it. My DH said, "do you remember watching the Lunar Eclipse?" Why yes I do. ........
It was our first official date. The year 1989. He called me up to ask me out, and all he said was don't eat, wear your bathing suit under your clothes and bring a change of clothes and a sweat shirt. Ok not a problem, I figured on cookout and swimming.
Well turned out it was a evening of sailing, swimming and candlelit dinner on a boat on the lake, while watching the Lunar Eclipse. Some kind of first date don't you think. He also brought roses, jelly bellys, sparkling grape juice and served it on china. Pretty easy to see why I married him.
I do need to preface this with the fact that we have known eachother since I was 11. I was 20 on the night of the date. This was, however our first date. So below are some old pictures of us in the year 1989.
Here's to remembering!
7 comments:
You two look exactly the same!! Oh my gosh!
And you were 20 in 1989??? Holy cow, dude, you are OLD! Hee hee.
I swear Alan has not aged a day! What a fun date. We stayed up (8pm) here to watch the eclipse but it was too cloudy to see anything. Great picture!
Sonya, what are you saying about me? :-)
Wowsa! I had no idea how romantic Alan is!
love those coke bottom glasses.You actually look better Chris
Cute couple! ANd I would never call you old (because I'm just two years behind you!).
Post a Comment