So this week has been slightly insane. Visitors coming and going. Birthday celebrations :-) and lots of kids homework. On Wednesday, I got up at 4:30 to drive to the airport and never went back to bed until late. When I came home from the daily errands, I arrived to a sick DH, very sick to my dismay as well as VERY whiney and weepy children. Having spent my day running around, since the wee hours of the morning, my sympathy and patience was long gone. After settling everyone, running out for Gatorade and returning to fall into bed, the thought of getting up for Seminary(gospel class for my daughter that starts at 6 AM), was not anything I wanted to face, including the running around in the morning looking for the homework that did not get done, due to the running for Gatorade etc. So I, as mom, declared a "mental health" Day. I turned all alarms off. DH was still running a temp of 103, so he would not be traveling as scheduled. So everyone stayed home yesterday to get some rest from whine. That was all great, needed the rest. I had a Southern Living at HOME party to do last night, and I knew I would be up late and the kids would be fending for themselves, due to aforementioned fever. All was fabulous. Party went great. Had a wonderful time. Woke up this morning to a cancellation of school, due to rain?!???? So instead of catching up on the terrible mess left from said mental health day, we just have day 2 of hanging out in the house. I am now officially ready to be done with Mental Health Day.
One is nice, two not so much.
2 comments:
Agreed that one is nice, two is a nightmare!
And I'm glad people are feeling better over there!
Post a Comment