Monday, April 16, 2007

Sarah's Baptism Day

Sarah's favorite song
When I am Baptized
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain.
And ponder on the beauty of earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away.
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
Here is a picture of Sarah and Alan before the baptism. I was a beautiful program. Both of her grandfathers were able to talk. Our friend's children and my girls sang Sarah's favorite song and Sarah sang the second verse by herself. It was great. The Bishop of our church spoke to her and since I am the Primary president, I had the opportunity to welcome Sarah myself. An experience I probably won't have again. Our friend Carmina, put together a power point presentation of pictures of Christ's life that was set to a song called "His Hands". It was a wonderful afternoon. Here is a picture of my parents and Alan, Sarah and I just after the baptism ended. Sarah is holding a journal made by her aunt Natalie. I gave it to her when I welcomed her to Primary. I told her to write down everything she felt that day and who was there. They are so cute. I ordered one for each of the children turning 8 this year. I will give each of them one along with the Gospel Standard poster.
After the baptism, we all went to our home for some food. We had people that traveled a distance to be there and we needed to feed them. This is the dessert table.
This is the cake Sarah chose. It has a rainbow like her favorite song. Thanks to Costco, it was inexpensive and feeds a lot of kids, adults too!
I took a picture of the table before we started eating. The flowers turned out so pretty. We got those from Costco too. Linda, Alan's mom, arranged them in the vase.
Snap shots of people that were there.
Justin and Heather came with their kids. Justin conducted the baptism. He did a great job and it was nice to have someone that is a friend to be in charge of the meeting. They are great!
Here is a picture of the kids that were there. We are missing the babies and Justin and Heather's children, they had to go early.
Here is a picture of my good friend Kathy and I. She told Alan that we do not have any pictures of just the two of us, so he took this one. Kathy and I have been friends for 10 years. We have kids the same ages. It is nice to be back close by their family again. Even nicer that she brought Megan to Sarah's baptism. It is a little bit of a drive for them.
Here is a picture Kathy's daughter Megan and Sarah. They have known each other since they were born. Megan's birthday is this week.
Cheryl and sleeping Brooke. Cheryl's husband John grew up with Alan. It was so nice to have long time friends that are essentially family here too.
Aunt Janet and Lucy. Alan's sister came from Rochester NY with her three girls.
Aunt Amy and Mackenzie came from New Jersey. Amy is my youngest sister.
Here are the "Grandmas" Where are the "Grandpa's?" Some how they did not get a shot.
So this is a picture story in review of Sarah's baptism day. We could not have asked for more that day. A few close friends and family were unable to attend, we missed them, but I know they were with us in spirit that day. I have to say that we are truly blessed with the important things in life. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ and family and wonderful friends. Is there anything more we truly need? This was a great week for us. We were able to attend the baptism of my cousin's son last week, had Easter and spent the week with family and friends preparing for Sarah's day. I truly feel rich, not in the monetary world way, but in the true blessing of the Lord. We have been given so many things to be grateful for.
Thank you Sarah for choosing to follow Christ's example and to all those who celebrated this day with us!

No comments: