Monday, April 2, 2007

April Fool?!

Here is my studious Kate. She is the strait A student, the pianist, the perfectionist etc, but the child has a sense of humor you never see coming. She teamed up with my dad and played an April Fools joke on my mom. She called my father early Sunday morning, (our NYC weekend) and told him that she broke her leg in the swimming pool and was on the way to the hospital. My dad was quick to figure out that we would not have Kate call on the way to the hospital, but they decided they would tell Grandma about the incident. So my cell phone rings shortly after their conversation and it is my mom. She is wondering how we are doing and if we will be staying in the hospital another day. I started laughing and handed the phone to Kate, who proceeded to tell her the details of her twisting her leg as she was jumping into the pool. After all that, she says "April Fool". My mother had believed all of this and vowed to get us back. She actually thought I was having some sort of nervous break down, laughing about the incident. Good one Kate!! Although, I will pay I am sure of that.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Maybe Kate should proofread your blog! Miss STRAIGHT A student. Hee hee. I make typos all the time, cute picture and even better April Fool joke!!

Chris said...

Yes Kate is the speller in the family too. :-) At 11 pm at night I am surprised there are not more typos. HA