Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SPT: My Holiday is filled with JOY

This week Lelly has asked us to write about Joy. So I thought I would write about the Joy of Giving and Receiving.
First is about giving. The box below is filled with Stockings for our county's Holiday Coalition. Each year our Girl Scouts donate items to fill 12 stockings of girls their ages. We plan that as part of our Holiday meeting. They are so excited to bring fun items and they "stuff" each stocking with the items that they bring. I can't tell you how excited they are to participate in this activity
. They pass the stockings to each girl and they put one of their items into each stocking. We seal them up and drop them off at the coalition. It is a fun way for the girls to do some service for others.
The second is Receiving. Ok and giving too.  I participated in Pink Christmas for the first time last year and am doing it again this year.  It is so much fun to receive a fun gift from someone that is just for me.  I also love making a gift to send to someone else.  Also our donations go to help people in need too.  It is a fun gift exchange to participate in that I hope to make one of my Christmas traditions.
Do You Participate in Pink Christmas?
Does your family or church do a service at Christmas time?
What gives you joy during the holidays?

7 comments:

Michelle Alley said...

Yes I am participating in Pink Christmas! It is a lot of fun isn't it! I think that is such a great idea for the girls to work toward and I am happy that they get to participate and give of themselves! Love your blog header!

Ann On and On... said...

What a wonderful experience for the giver and the receiver... It is nice of you to be involved in that. I was too late to participate in Pink Christmas, but I want to next year. It sounds like fun.

Happy Tuesday....make sure to stop by my blog to take part in my give-a-way. :D

Unknown said...

a) my stomach lurched when i saw the Countdown on your sidebar, and:

b) it didn't help when i had to think about the face i haven't finished my pink Christmas gift yet!!!!

Cecilia said...

I'm a looser and I didn't sign up for Pink Christmas soon enough....shame on me :(
But I can't wait to see all goodness from it!

Great SPT!

Jeanette said...

What fun traditions and a great experience for your girl scouts!

crystal said...

I plan to do Pink Christmas next year! Those lights behind you are so glowy and cozy.

Mary Anna said...

I hope you love your "Pink Christmas" gift. I lurked on your blog for months, trying to get insight so I could create something for you that would be "you." I saw you run a home-based business so I thought the office set would be handy, and I love to knit and create new things, so I made you the scarf. It was the first time I double-knitted (used two yarns together, knit at the same time) and created fringe. I loved it so much that I'm making one just like it for myself!

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2009!