Sunday, December 7, 2008

Grandma Brown

This is a picture of my Grandmother, Mary . I just got news that she is not doing well. As I heard the news of her health, I couldn't help but remember the many things I love about my Grandmother.
My grandmother,mom,myself and my daughter all have the name Mary. I had to carry that tradition to my children. My little (well not so little anymore) has the red hair just like my grandmother.
I have some great memories of her with my children.
She always said that S and her have the same eyes, deep brown.
At Christmas, we used to go to my Grandparents house on Christmas Eve. I can remember being there and she would read me the book The Sweet Smell of Christmas. I have such fond memories of reading this book with her. I bought the book shortly after I was married to be able to read it to my children. Here is a picture of me reading the book to my kids and my grandmother. This was the last visit we had with her before she moved to California. So this is a post remembering the wonderful woman she is and that she is loved.

2 comments:

Emma said...

What a great post! I love that book and just bought a new copy last year because you couldn't smell anything from the one that I had when I was little! I saw the book and all the smells came back to me. Thanks!!!

Sonya said...

How sweet! I wish that Justine and Natalie remembered her more. Amanda was really sad to hear about Grandma Brown. I'm glad that we can all go out to California to visit her before Christmas.