We have many areas of shade here. I have two magnolia trees in the front (see post on snake) and we have a wooded area in the back yard. We are very lucky to live in an area that is older so we have lots of mature trees. Below is a picture of part of our deck. The previous owners built a deck that goes the length of the house. So it is big. This part below is still in the sun at 3:00 in the afternoon.

But the part closer to the house is in the shade. This makes for a wonderful deck to sit on in the late afternoon and all evening long. We spend many evenings out there.

So this is me sitting on the shaded side of the deck where there is a slight breeze and shelter from the
hot sun. Pretty soon the whole deck will be in the shade and we will spend dinner out there. I love the warm evenings in the south (sort of south :-) ) with a slight breeze as the sun goes down. If you look carefully you can see the rim of the glass of lemonade I am enjoying in the shade too.
Yea for SHADE. Go
here to see what everyone else says about shade.
11 comments:
i would love to join you on your shady deck with a tall glass of lemonade!! (i am jealous of your magnolia trees... although, NOT the inhabitant of your magnolia trees!)
I just read your snake post and I truly think I would pass out if this happened to me. What a wonderful deck to have. I would definitely spend a lot of time on it.
That is a great deck. I wish we had a lot of trees & could eat outside for dinner..
What a gorgeous deck, Chris. I love the thought of you spending so many evenings there. Good for you for taking advantage of such a pretty place.
i would love a giant deck one day. outdoor living is such a nice component to a home.
I think what you meant to say was that you are seriously so blessed to live in an area with so many mature trees, right? You are so blessed to have that righteous deck! :)
Your deck looks so inviting. I would be spending as many evenings as I could out there enjoying it.
As for your snake post - blech. I really don't like snakes.
Oh - to be able to eat dinner outside! What a gorgeous deck.
Lucky! I love mature trees and your deck looks amazing!
I would LOVE to have dinner in the evenings out on the deck...even in the shade it is just too hot out here at dinner time...beautiful shade!
Not so sure that coming down south in august is such a great Idea. But alas we will be there the first week of august. That is if you will still have us. Can't wait till next week. What day is the jewelry show?
Post a Comment