Monday, July 21, 2008

All in a day's work (on the day of rest)

So Sunday in our house is usually a day of rest. Taking time for church and family. Yesterday, however, was not a typical Sunday for us. It all started with a call at 3:30 AM. My lovely eldest who has been blissfully on the beaches of HI for the last 3 weeks, called to let us know that she would not be coming home as planned, but would be home on Monday instead. They decided to give up their seats for an opportunity for one more beautiful day in HI. I honestly think she would not return if she had a way to survive there.
And thus began our busy day. After that, it was a typical Sunday with meetings. Then began the frantic packing for GS Camp.
Why do I leave that to last minute? So off we went to drop S off at a week of camp. She was so excited. She and her buddy are planning a week of crafts and slumber party activities. So here are some pictures of them as they get off to nature.
Ready to go. Look at those smiles Meet the counselor. Then neighbor and the Buddy's sister. How fun to have everyone at camp together. Four little campers. I think they might be a little young to go away for a week. Off they go to their camp sites! Have fun girls!
So, we got them settled at the camp. Headed home for a quiet Sunday eve. Only two adults and one young boy left in the house. What will we do. :-)
Alas, it was not the end of the day. Two more puppies were sent off to their new home. So we say goodbye to Bella and Blue. Only two left here now. The house is getting quieter.

Here is the boy. Saying his goodbye's. The one above, Bella, looks like a mini Gigi. Just like her momma.

They are very cute though.

And so the day ended at 9pm. Not very restful I am afraid.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I am interested to know how the puppies really has been. Has it been a positive experience, or too crazy to ever try again? I always wonder if people ever really make any money off of the puppies, considering the amount of money and time involved that goes into preparing for their arrival and once they are born. I think the hardest thing for me would be to not get attached to them all! Very cute pictures.