Monday, July 28, 2008

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

So a quick recap on my trip to Chicago. I went to see a friend who ended up moving before expected. So my original trip was revamped to fit in some fun things. The first stop was breakfast at a little diner called FRANKS. Check out the link it has a cool history and yummy food!
Here is my friend and her girls posing for me outside the diner. It is one of their favorite places to go. Here we are waiting for our food. The girls like to sit at the counter and watch them cook. It is pretty amazing to watch. They have everything so organized and on such a schedule. It was fun to see how they cooked everything. Although I have to say, it would be difficult for anyone with any type of food allergy. Not sure how that would work out. But very good eats.
Then we were off to the Jelly Belly factory. A few samples and a couple of gifts for friends and the kids. I am not one for Jelly Beans, but love Jelly Bellys. And the factory is a lot of fun.
After the factory tour, we headed home to get dinner going. Emma's neighbor has an amazing garden. I miss having a garden and this one is great. They let Emma and fam take what they want. So we decided fresh beans was a must for dinner. They were delish. Day 2 had me borrowing a car to head to old stomping ground. It was fun to drive around and see how much has changed. I had to drive past my old house. No one lives on our street that we knew anymore so it was pretty empty.
I got to stop in and see my friend Amanda. It was fun to sit and chat with her. Here is a picture of her cute new boy. And below is a picture of her cute older boy. He was having fun trying to take pictures.
I snapped a shot of the girls at Famous Daves. Had to go there for lunch. Aren't they cute?
After spending the day there, I ran off to visit an old friend. Funny because they moved from VA to Chicago a week after we moved from Chicago to VA. We have been friends for 11 years. It was nice to go hang out with her and her family.
Michele with C and E above and below. They have gotten to be so grown up.
I had to get a picture with her. I actually had none. So here are Michele and I.
On my last day there, we just went to Lake Michigan. It was so beautiful and such nice weather. It was nice to see the picturesque scenery. Love the lake.
Ah, the flight home. The last quiet hours until home.

Now, I am home, with all of my children. They all arrived home from their various trips while I was gone, so when I got home, we were together again.

Gotta love family!

4 comments:

Janet said...

sounds so relaxing/rejouvinating! i want a trip! i want a trip!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the visit. We should have taken a picture of us with your phone, seems a bit more flattering than my ultra-up close and personal big momma camera. It was a nice visit. Thanks for the jelly beans! (The kids are still working on their suckers)

Unknown said...

sounds like a whirlwind - but a lot of fun!! i loved seeing amanda with her little boy (i have some of her magnets on my fridge.)

i agree about jelly beans - i definitely prefer jelly bellys. i'll have to share a jelly belly tasting we did once.

LOVE your necklace in the airplane shot. it looks like superhero.

Emma said...

Awesome pictures! Just back from girls camp and I'm going to crash for a while! See you tomorrow!!!