This is a picture of a 1978 Triumph Spitfire. This is my husbands dream. He owns one just like this, that sits in our garage. The dream is that it will one day run, again. It has officially become an antique car. Once in our courtship and early marriage years, it was our car. This is what we used for dating and grocery shopping. Then we had a baby. It only seats two. So it did not get used and now it needs some work. Mary, my eldest, thinks this will be her car in a year. Ha, not sure Daddy will agree to that. But this is my DH's something old.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
spt - the merry month of may
Lelly's Challenge for May:
may means *wedding month* to me. and, no, this challenge is not going to be about weddings (unless you want it to be...) this month's challenge is simply something old
So since May is "wedding month" I thought I would post something old for both my husband and I. First is his something old.
This is a picture of a 1978 Triumph Spitfire. This is my husbands dream. He owns one just like this, that sits in our garage. The dream is that it will one day run, again. It has officially become an antique car. Once in our courtship and early marriage years, it was our car. This is what we used for dating and grocery shopping. Then we had a baby. It only seats two. So it did not get used and now it needs some work. Mary, my eldest, thinks this will be her car in a year. Ha, not sure Daddy will agree to that. But this is my DH's something old.
My something old is this china that I found at an estate sale. I actually have lots of china. Don't tell my DH, but probably more than I need. :-) I LOVE old china, and new china too. But I have some wonderful china that I cherish. This is a picture of only one of my sets. I have a set from my grandmother that I love.
I also have some from Alan's grandmother. I not only have a thing for china, but also for Tea sets. So the china I have from my DH's family is a beautiful tea set. I love that it is old and from family and that it is a tea set.
This is a picture of a 1978 Triumph Spitfire. This is my husbands dream. He owns one just like this, that sits in our garage. The dream is that it will one day run, again. It has officially become an antique car. Once in our courtship and early marriage years, it was our car. This is what we used for dating and grocery shopping. Then we had a baby. It only seats two. So it did not get used and now it needs some work. Mary, my eldest, thinks this will be her car in a year. Ha, not sure Daddy will agree to that. But this is my DH's something old.
12 comments:
The car is yummy looking...my husband was drooling over it. And I love your china hutch! My mom and both my grandma's had one...so I just assumed I'd have one as an adult, too. No such luck. But someday I just know I will have that formal dining room I am dreaming of and a hutch (loaded with beautiful china!) to go along with it.
I love your beautiful china-
I think that would be something I would enjoy collecting-
Where do you stash it all?
What a wonderful thing to collect. Very beautiful. I bet your daughter wants that car. I would too.
i love your china display. i have some pieces that i would love to get out of their boxes, but have never found the right way to show them off. but, what good are they doing me in boxes??
i love the spitfire. i bet you have very fond memories.
I never knew Alan was a speed demon LOL! The china is beautiful - you and your mom got me hooked on looking for china patterns, I found a nice platter at Goodwill the other day...I'm old when Mondays are my day to see what's new there!
Love the China. I don't have any, but would love to, especially if they were from grandparents.
I love the car & boy it would be an 16 year old dream car to have.. Hope she doesn't have daddy wrapped around her finger to tight or he might lose his car..
My mom loves china too & has a lot, I have never gotten into it, but since I'm the only daughter I probably will inherit a lot...
I love yours!
The car is fabulous, but I think I'm more of a china girl myself. What a fun thing to collect. Hmmm, maybe I'll just have to do that too. We just inherited my husband's grandmother's china so I'm off to a good start.
That is beautiful china. I don't have any china sets or even pieces yet. Maybe someday.
Boys and their toys...love the car!!! I hope you get it running again because someday you will look great at his side when the kids are grown and gone whoohoo! Beautiful china...I am such a sucker for fine china as well and have my eye on my grandmothers!
I was going to ask you about that car today! It is the first time that I noticed it! So when will your hub start working on it?
My dad had one of those when I was a teenager! He loved the old British cars, but I never saw it actually running. I think he may have restored it while I was out on my mission. Really cool car. If your husband ever gets his all fixed up, you'll have to post pictures or somehow let me know or something so that I can see what it looks like!
Post a Comment