Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Merry Month of May/Something New

I posted something old for myself and my husband last week. This week, sort of the same. something new my husband did. And that is the white blinds in the girls room. We have been living with pink/peach blinds, I think from the early 90's since we moved in 3 years ago. I hate them, we still have lots more in the house. But since they cover the windows, they have not been a high priority. So in this not so good picture, the pink blinds have been replaced with beautiful white ones! Yeah for white blinds! I have to mention the poor picture quality is due to the beautiful sunlight we have. I would consider that "new" because we have been in rain for so many days. I love the sunshine. So while I posted this as the DH's new, it really was for me. :-) The white blinds reflect the sun more and the windows look great. Finally the flowers from Mother's Day. I love fresh flower arrangements. Especially ones that are filled with flowers that last in vases. Here are two arrangements, and I did not photograph the potted ones from church and kids. Thanks kids!!

15 comments:

Sandi said...

Good husband. That one picture of the light coming through -- the one in the middle -- is great.

Bren's Life said...

Peach & pink blinds. Holy cow I can't believe someone had them all through out your house. Lovely!!!
I'd be totally excited to to change them out.
I love your flowers. There so pretty..

Anonymous said...

Very nice blinds! They look like they are probably 2" wood ones? That's what I want to upgrade to in our house. The girls have been pretty rough on our vinyl blinds and they are starting to look rather ragged. The flowers are beautiful! Happy Mother's Day!

Alisa said...

I agree- that it is something new for you too-
I love the white!

Sarah said...

We too have old blinds in our house that I would love to replace, but they are low on my priority list. Having fresh flowers in the house is so wonderful.

Dacia said...

How great of your husband! We have white blinds too and I love them. I would say, I'd prefer that to peach and pink too!! :)

Melanie said...

fresh flowers make me happy for weeks! and I love the something new with the blinds, my husband always has a list of things that I want him to be doing around the house. What a good sport

Rachael said...

It is amazing how much nice blinds change the look of the room!

Jeanette said...

Congrats on your updated blinds. I love those happy little changes.

Courtney said...

Sunshine and good blinds...Love it! We have lived in this house for 3 years and took down all the old blinds when we moved in...replacing them with paper blinds from the Home Depot until we could get wood blinds...yeah, still waiting!

The Monkeys said...

Nice! I haven't done so well with my vased flowers. They die way too soon! Yours look beautiful.

shauna said...

Love the blinds! I have about 10 nasty blinds in my house (would that be all of them?) You've inspired me! By the way, I love the new bloggy look!

Unknown said...

i am laughing becuase your "pink blinds from the early 90s" reminds me of how we decorated everything in the late 80s/early 90s... MAUVE.

the white is a GREAT improvement!

Melodrama Mama said...

I love fixing up the house! The blinds look great!

Amanda :-) said...

I love wooden venetian blinds - but I hate cleaning them. We've gone for roman blinds in the dining room, and will be doing the same in the living room. Your white blinds are fab. Happy times!

By the way, I've only JUST read the big header on your blog. How fab is that quote??