SPT
The Challenge:we've all heard that *mom*-like expression: "i've got eyes in the back of my head" (usually delivered as some sort of warning.) do you ever wonder what you would see if you actually DID have eyes in the back of your head??
My quote: Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you might miss it. Ferris Bueller
What is hard to see in this picture are the beautiful magnolia blooms just starting to open on the tree out the front door. I tend to come in this door, but not out. So I often don't stop to admire how beautiful they are until they are almost gone. Here the spring is just beginning. The blooms are not fully bloomed, but just buds opening, the start of something new. A new time in my life.

This would be the baby of the family. Tomorrow is kindergarten registration. He is the only child left that gets carted around during the morning hours anymore (not including doctor and dentist etc). It used to be four back there and now the last one is heading to school next year. Where does the time go? The oldest no longer sits back there, at almost 15, she does not like the back seat. The others are quickly following behind.
Time to stop and take a look around. Smell the roses, or magnolias in my case. It is fun to stop, if only for a moment, to do these challenges. Sometimes in my crazy life, I can forget to stop and smell the magnolias.
So thanks again Lelly!
6 comments:
Your house & trees are beautiful! Kids sure do grow up fast. Your right we need to take time to appreciate life today!
I love your tree!!! Spring blooms anew...as well as your life! That is a crazy transition you will be making having them all in school...I can't imagine, though I anticipate it now, I'm sure I will miss my little tag-alongs! My blog is private, but send me an email and I'll share...courtneymilius@hotmail.com
oh, i love magnolia trees!! i haven't seen any blooming here, though. i'll have to keep my eyes open. it's a great photo
How beautiful. Your so right that sometimes we do need to stop and enjoy where we are.
What a beautiful tree! I love magnolias!
What a nice post! I love the big trees. Gotta love Ferris Beuler! I'm so glad you put his quote up.
Post a Comment