Friday, January 30, 2009

Fotoless Friday: Grateful

So this past week I turned 40. I have not looked forward to this day. I have been feeling "old" and lost. Or that is, lost who I was or who I thought I would be. But I have had fabulous friends that have been great at helping me enjoy this birthday. As I was sitting with a friend for lunch today, I thought back on all the well wishes, cards and e-cards, emails, gifts, dinners and lunches and am overwhelmed at the wonderful generosity of the people around me. I got an email from a friend with a link to this blog. http://segullah.org/small-epiphanies/a-welcome-or-unwelcome-guest/ As I read this and thought about the past 40 years, I can't complain. They have been wonderful. Not that I have not had trials to endure, or that I don't wish that I had my 20 yr old body back, but I would want my 40 yr old mind and wisdom. :-) But they have been blessed too. I have served a mission for my church in Chile, loved the people there. Have visited England and Italy. Married a wonderful man and have 4 beautiful children who I adore. I have a wonderful set of parents and siblings that I love and wish I could spend more time with. And I have met fabulous people in my life that are examples and great friends to me. So what is 40? 40 years of friendships, loves, fun memories that I would not change, even for that 20 yr old body. LOL So Welcome 40 year old friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you the other day when I was blogging, about us drinking a diet coke in my car during sunday school....


Happy birthday

Melodrama Mama said...

My grandma who is 94 always says that her 70's were some of the greatest years of her life and that she didn't feel too old until she was in the mid 80's. She did however recommend that I get bladder control surgery in my 70's because many physicians will not perform unnecessary surgery for people in their 80's.

As I hit a land mark age last month I keep telling myself that I am not old until 85.....