Now I am curious, do you have a time you wish you could revisit? Change something you did or didn't do? What would you "do over"?
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Do Overs
Today, well the past few days I have been thinking alot about the past. The saying hind sight is always 20/20, specifically. A while back at church, we had a lesson that talked about "do overs". We get the opportunity to fix current things to be better. That led me to think about the past. What would I do differently if I could go back to specific times.
My daughter watches a show about a girl that has a list of regrets and goes back in time to "learn" from and change those times. I started thinking about my "regrets", what are they and what do I wish were different. Are there specific times in my life that I wish I had chosen something different. I know there are some things that I wish were different, but do I wish I had chosen a different path.
I want to list my "regrets" and go through them and see what I learned or how I would change them. But then does that change who you are now, who you have become? For me there is one thing that I still wonder about, how it came about, what happened, why it happened and how I would change it if I could. And do I still do the same thing? Not a regret really, but sometimes you just keep crossing paths, lives intertwined somehow, why, should you fix it? Is it a "do over" moment? Or do you just let it go and ignore it.
2 comments:
hmmm....that's a tough one. We are who we currently are because of the paths that lead us to today. Would we have learned what we know now if those things had been altered?
Ouch. Now my head hurts.
Post a Comment