Tuesday, March 23, 2010

And They're Off

Today was a day for the history books, or journal anyway, and no not because they signed the Health Care Bill, but because after two years and MANY visits, did I mention many visits, to the Orthodontist, Mary finally got her braces off. Not only that, but no one is scheduled to get ones on..........yet. I know we have three more kids and they will all need braces, not to mention the quote I got, but for now, we are a braces free family and no Ortho bills. WOO HOOO.

So the above picture is one taken in December, her beautiful smile with metal brackets. The one below is right after they removed the metal brackets from her teeth. Look at those beautiful straight teeth sans metal. Does she look excited??? She was thrilled, no more metal for Mary!!

As soon as they removed all the cement from her pretty teeth, she asked for one thing........Can you guess??

An apple. She wanted to take a bite of a whole apple. After all that time, that is what she missed. So we went straight to the grocery store and bought her an apple, that she ate on her way to school. Now she wants a haircut to match her new teeth. :) I will post those later.

For now, this is a red letter, journal day etc for her. Time for senior portraits. Where does the time go???

No comments: