this month, we will consult our 100 lists. it's quite simple, really. on the 7th of the month (TOMORROW) post an spt about item #7 on your list. on the 14th of the month, post an spt about item #14. and so on. and so on. So today is # 14 I love to travel
I enjoy traveling, maybe it is because we moved around so much while I was growing up or
maybe because my parents wanted us to have experiences.
Once while traveling by bus with my family to California from Louisiana, we stopped in Mexico. I think is was just to say we were there. Living in upstate NY for so many years, Canada was just another place. I did not look at it as a country, but we frequented there.
Most recently I was able to take a cruise to the Caribbean with my DH,my sister in law and her husband and some friends. We went to 5 different islands. I was in heaven. Exploring the different islands and trying, in one days time, to get an idea of each place. It was so much fun. I have decided I LOVE that form of traveling. All inclusive, no packing and unpacking for each island it was great!!
The summer before my freshman year in High School, I had the opportunity to be an exchange student in England. I was there for just over 6 weeks. We went to school there as well as doing a lot of site seeing. We went to Whales for a day or two as well. I could not find my scrap book with my thousands of pictures of my stay in England, so below is an old picture of Lord Street in Southport England, which is where I spent the majority of my time. I remember thinking that it was like a fairy tale.
As a senior in high school our Humanities class took a trip to Italy. We traveled all over in 10 days. It was a crazy trip but fabulous. Being Italian, I was excited to be there. I loved that the history came to life there. It was so amazing to be in Florence. I loved that people were outside in the evenings. It was surreal. My favorite place was Capri. The water was so blue and clear. I would love to go back there.
When I was 21 I had the opportunity to serve a mission for my Church. I had the privilege of going to Santiago, Chile. I was there for about a year and a half. I don't think I would have picked that particular place to travel to, but it was absolutely beautiful. The mountains were unlike any I have seen and the country itself runs from the equator to the south pole. It is amazing. Desert sands in the north to penguins in the south and beauty in between. I grew to love that country, the people and the culture. I had an opportunity to travel to Vina del Mar before leaving. I was unable to travel more of Chile, but hope to go back again one day. Below is a picture of my mom and I, she and my dad came to pick me up when my time serving was done.
Most recently I was able to take a cruise to the Caribbean with my DH,my sister in law and her husband and some friends. We went to 5 different islands. I was in heaven. Exploring the different islands and trying, in one days time, to get an idea of each place. It was so much fun. I have decided I LOVE that form of traveling. All inclusive, no packing and unpacking for each island it was great!!So I am always planning where my next trip will be, or even when. It does not always have to be other countries, I love NYC and Chicago as well as the shores of NC and even Disney World. :-)

6 comments:
Wow, I wish I could say that I've traveled that much. Sounds like you've had a lot of adventures!
What amazing adventures you have had! That is so much fun...I love to travel too but have never been anywhere to exotic...Mexico, Canada...I would LOVE to go to Europe!
Oh man, you've really gained some wonderful experiences through you're travels.
oh to walk in your traveling shoes, i am so jealous!
i envy your travel! i find it hard enough just to make time to explore other parts of the US...
my time is coming. i just know it!
Your mission pic with your mom looks like you were comps! I never realized how much you two look alike :). I've heard versions of the bus trip from CA to LA...you'll have to tell yours sometime :).
Post a Comment