Wednesday, October 8, 2008

SPT (Better Late than Never (-:)

I have skipped SPT for a month.  EEK!  I am determined to get back on schedule, ok a day late, but still done.  :-)  Lelly is so good at giving fun reasons to post.  
This month is about 100 things about me.  Which I have not done my 100 list, so now I will have one at least partially done.  Maybe I will actually finish my 100 list too.  So this week is #7 although I am posting on the 8th, so I will do number 8.
8.  I met my husband when I was 11 yrs old.
Picture of me at 11.  :-)
When I was 11 we moved to upstate NY.  We met a family at church and had them over to our home.  That family was my DH's family.  Janet, his sister became one of my best friends.  12 years later Alan became my DH. :-)  We dated off and on but did not really start dating until I was 20, the picture below.  Before that I was more his sisters friend, although the music playing he always had on when he would drive me to her, or us places.  Gotta love Wham!
Poor picture of us dating in 1989.
Picture from our cruise celebrating our 15th anniversary last year.

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Awesome Chris! I can't imagine knowing my hubby for that long...that must make you GREAT friends! What a cool story :)

Aranne and Dan said...

From SPT - That is so sweet. What a cute story to be able to share with generations and generations.

Unknown said...

YAY!! this is an especially happy #8 :)

glad you're back this month - i'm going to have to give you a hard time if you start slipping away again...

Jeanette said...

I love a good "love" story. How fun that you married your friends brother. Could you have imagined it at 11? Who knows, I may have already met my future sons or daughters-in-law. Crazy to think about.

janna said...

How fun!!

Aren't stp's fun?

MaryRC said...

what a wonderful history. It never hurts to marry a long time friend. You knew what you were getting into. I love your 11 year old picture..

Rachael said...

That is so sweet! I love when couples have known each other for a long time!

mommy nurse said...

I am usually a day late with my SPT. But I love the Great pictures! Love Wham!

The Carlsons said...

What an awesome story. I love the pictures. The picture from '89 makes me chuckle. All I loved that era.

Sonya said...

I swear you haven't aged at all...it's those Bria genes! I sure hope my girls got them too. I should write a book about you and Alan...such a cute story :).