Saturday, November 22, 2008

Crafting and Indians

American Education Week - A week to spend with kids at school. My SPT post, I was with S for a day of pumpkins. Weighing, measuring and making pumpkins. For D, it was about Pilgrims and Indians, Native Americans. Drew was a Native American for his play. Below, his turkey project we made. Whenever they said Native American men, D got to run around being and Indian. You can see the joy in his face to be given permission to yell in class at school.
When I was not at the school with the littles, I was working on "crafts" for Christmas. So these are my attempt at snowmen earrings.
And some holiday plaques to hang up for the holidays.

2 comments:

Amanda :-) said...

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello! This place looks familiar!

Gosh, I was desperate to see someone being craftilicious on their blog for Christmas and I'm glad to see your earrings and your plaques. Fabby. Hats off to you for doing jewellery - I don't think I've got the patience or the beady eye to master that kind of skill. Hey, I made a BIG mistake the other day - I cut my nails short and then tried to craft. What a mistake! I couldn't peel off the backing from my double-sided tape and foam pads. Durr.

Anyway, you and your family look super-busy as always. Haha, screaming in school. That's always the supreme treat, isn't it?

Sonya said...

Wow...love the JOY plaque! K, I'm going to make one now too :).