Friday, September 12, 2008

Where did the time go?

It has been awhile since I last blogged. Time seriously flies. Since I have gotten a couple of emails and even some phone calls wondering if I am still alive and well, I thought I better get to a blog post. So going back in time to before school started. This is Drew's "big boy" cut for Kindergarten. He was so excited to be able to go to school finally. The only one at home for awhile now. He finally gets to ride the bus with his big sister. At least for the next two years.
The cute girls at the bus stop on their first day of school. They leave at 7:30 am in the morning. They do not always look quite so happy. :-) It is hard to believe that S is one of the oldest at the stop now. 4th grade for her. This is the only shot we got of Kate, who was actually running late on her first day. Middle school. How do they grow so quickly? She is very excited to be in the middle school this year. She is out the door at 8 am.
I have no picture of the sophomore, who was also running late, but managed to make it to seminary at 6 am. Then I drove her to the stop at 8:30. She has Drivers Ed this semester. I am starting to feel very old. Although an extra driver may just come in handy. Three down by 8:30 and only one to go. The boy. The baby, he hates that, but he is my baby and started kindergarten this year. There is a mixed emotion with that. It is nice to have them all in school, something that I thought would never actually happen. But wow, they are all in school. He is only half day, so I still have him for part of the time. He would like to be at school the whole day. I think it will come sooner than I will be ready.
So the first week, now two, has flown by. Busy busy busy. I did not think we would be so busy this year. Mary's HS schedule is insane and add that to middle school and two elementary school kids and I think it is actually busier than when they were toddlers. It is just a different busy.
This week, thanks to a couple of very good friends, I had the opportunity to attend a rally for McCain and Palin. What an experience. I am a people watcher and it was great to see the different people there and their reactions to items on the agenda.
I never once thought I would be at a McCain rally, not really my thing. However, I am very impressed with Sarah Palin. She is dynamic. I have to give McCain credit there. She is a smart pick for him and she seems to compliment him. It was also nice because there was that feeling of unity there. That feeling that was everywhere after 9/11. The patriotism, God, family and country. They started this rally with a prayer. That just doesn't happen anymore. It was nice to be at a rally where those values are portrayed. I have never been one to swim with the political sharks. I usually do my own research and vote accordingly. This is the first time I have really been involved. I am certainly not one to debate, but the feeling and values that I felt there are ones I agree with. So here are my friend and I at the rally of 23,000 Northern Virginians in support of God, Family and Country. It was an experience I won't soon forget.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Now I just have to get you to stop watching Oprah! LOL :). Love the rally pics.

Heather said...

I am jealous! Did you get me a t-shirt?