Friday, September 12, 2008
Bria Family Reunion
My family has been going to a house in NJ most labor day weekends since I was younger. If we lived on the East Coast and in the vicinity, we attended the Labor Day picnic. So did cousins and aunts and uncles if they were in the area. This labor day, we had a big group. The cousins are grown with their own kids. The new kids play like we did when we were their age. Here is the lot of us.
We spent the day eating, like Bria's tend to do. :-) We also went canoeing and above all we built a floating dock.
The beginning process is here. Everyone pitched in, most of the kids played in the creek.
This is a partial picture of the finished product. This house used to belong to my dad's aunt. He and his siblings spent a lot of time here. Now my sister and her daughter live here. This is for her and M to fish and take out their boat.
I had to get a picture of my kids and Mackenzie fishing off the new dock. They make a cute crew.
My sister and I decided to take a trip out on the creek after most of the work was done. It was fun to take out the canoe and spend some time out on the water. I miss being able to do that.
Mary caught a fish. She did not want to touch it, so Mike was kind enough to help her out.
The fishing continues. I think sisters are competitive, Kate just wanted to catch one.
When she gave up on fishing, she decided to try unicycling. Ummm....."Look mom no hands"
2 comments:
Hard to believe that I've never been there....must be the only Bria who's not seen the house...I must embarrass Frank too much...ha ha ha!
Way to go Kate!!! Keep it up, I used to deliver the newspaper on my unicycle! Let the Riker in us live on. -Nat
Post a Comment