Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SPT: Fortius: Stonger Family Bonds

As I was getting ready to do a quick post on our happenings here in OBX, I thought about the challenge for the month and decided that this could be tied in. Fortius. Stronger. The ties of our family that makes each of us stronger. So for the final post of SPT for August:
We have been here a few days and the kids are having a blast. I am hoping the weather holds up for the rest of the week.

We have been doing family pictures. The above one is of the grand kids. Mine are all in white. We have lots of littles on this vacation.

Here is a cute shot of my kids. Believe it or not it was candid.

It is nice for us because our kids are older and easier to manage at a beach. I am so glad we have a pool with the house so that we can do some swimming here and not always at the beach. We are off to explore more of the outer banks today. We love it here. Might have to make it a yearly event for our family.

We love company though, so any takers on a beach week let me know. :-)

I will try and post more as the week and activities continue.

12 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a good way to strengthen bonds...that's what the Olympics are all about. I love the family photo, too.

Emma said...

At first I thought the OBX stood for obnoxious!!! Very cute pictures! I love the one of the kids. I am all up for a beach week even if I have to leave Brian at home!

Sonya said...

I miss my OBX sticker! Cute family photos :).

Janiece said...

I love your pictures!
Hope the weather holds out for you too!

Jeanette said...

What a great family picture! I love the beach!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful place for family pictures!!!!

Heather said...

ONE of my favorite vacations was at the beach!!! I love the photos too

Unknown said...

you guys are ADORABLE!!

just let me know when to show up next year ;)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! We especially like the white-shirted Rikers all in a row!
We'd sure like to take you up on a week at the beach some time. Sounds like great fun. Right now we are westerners- seems strange not to be with you.
Hugs and kisses to all....

Courtney said...

Love the beach, love that cute pic of your kids, love your family photos! What a great finale to this months theme!

Melodrama Mama said...

Fun! I am jealous!

Bren's Life said...

I would love to come.. I love the beach which we don't see very much.
What a great family reunion. Glad your having fun. Cute pictures..