Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SPT: the twilight's last gleaming

This week's SPT challenge is The Twilight's Last Gleaming. And even though we did have a lot of notice, I was out last night snapping pictures. :-) I have to say my favorite time of the day is twilight. I love it in the south. There is still a touch of humidity in the air, but it has cooled slightly (normally, not lately). It is the picture in my head of sitting on a porch in a swing with a tall glass of lemonade. Watching the kids still riding at chatting with DH and friends. I love that time.
The last few days have been miserably hot. And twilight means barely tolerable as opposed to beautiful evening to sit out. So last night's twilight I sat on my porch and this is the scene I saw.
Young boy trying desperately to keep up with Dad, who ran out to mow the lawn in the little bit of light that was left in the pretend cooling down of the evening.
He is practicing

In the end, little boy ended up like this. But he sure is cute in twilight's last gleaming. :-) Go check out everyone else's take on Twilight's Last Gleaming HERE

8 comments:

janna said...

Great pictures and what a cutie your ds is.

Anonymous said...

Cute post. I love a tuckered out kid at the end of the day

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You're right! Our moons look the very same. Happy moon to you, too.

Alisa said...

I feel the same way about the end of the day!
Love your cute photos of your boy, being like dad.

Unknown said...

it's perfect! just perfect! that is exactly what should happen in the twilight.

i would sit on the porch with you any old time!

The Monkeys said...

That is darling! What a great bond your boy must have with Dad. It has been extremely hot here, too, but I guess we are considered the south, too! Here's looking for less oppressive twilights!

Courtney said...

Yeah, I get the "barely tolerable" weather. Here in the valley of the sun it is pretty much lifeless until twilight comes...then we zonas emerge! What a great pick of your boy worn out!

Kim Sue said...

fun summer twilight pics...typically in the south the only time you can enjoy outside is in the twilight :) thanks for coming by and commenting on my blog. hope to see you back again soon.