So life is crazy with school ending soon and I have not taken time to do much by way of photographing. I need to work on that. But I don't like to miss Lelly's SPT challenges. So this week it is "an emblem of the land I love". So I am posting my "emblems" with my kids in them, instead of me. So here is The Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. I love the monuments in DC and think of them as "Emblems" of the land I love.

5 comments:
what a great series of photos of your family. i was lucky enough to go to school near D.C., so i have many MANY fond memories of visiting the monumnents.
I have not traveled much in the East, but would love too. There is so much history. Good for you for taking advantage of it.
What great pictures. I wish we could go there someday for the 4th to see the fireworks. I bet it's amazing!
How awesome to watch fireworks in such a cool place. I haven't made it to DC yet, but I did see the statue of liberty in '05. It was so great to visit! I should say that ths statue of liberty is a great emblem of this land :)
We live right near Washington D.C. and probably don't go up enough. I love all the memorials, though. And we still need to get up to see the Statue of Liberty!
Post a Comment