Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ODE TO MOM

Here is a 3 generation picture. My grandmother, my mom and myself. My mom was born in South Carolina. She is the oldest of four. She has great stories to tell about growing up in SC and Florida. Including getting kicked out of Catholic school for spitting milk on the nun. She graduated high school in Northern California and headed to BYU. She is an advocate of education. She had four children in 5 years. YIKES! And went to school to finish college. My mom graduated from College the same year I graduated from High School. I headed off to college and she started her Masters . So while raising 4 children and countless pets, she graduated from College and received her Masters degree. As well as started her own company. Those are some big shoes to try and walk in. She has four kids that love to cook. She has 10 grand kids, 9 girls and 1 boy. She is a great as in terrific grandmother. She tries to make all birthdays, births, baptisms and any other event in their lives. She stays with them for a week or even more, while the parents take time away. She is my mother and my friend. She is my biggest fan and the first to tell me when I am wrong. She gives great advice and listens well. She still does her own business and makes time to visit her grand kids. My mom welcomes all to her home. She treats them as family, but offers them the comfort of a hotel, fresh flowers, linens etc. She has taught me to do the same. When she visits us, she is a short order cook for my kids. They love that. It is the only time they get that. :-) So thanks Mom for being you!! I love you!!

2 comments:

michelle said...

I linked to your blog thru Lelly's. What a great SPT about your Mom. It sounds like she is an amazing lady. I too was at Women's Conference! I sure did enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

You are a kiss up. Now, I've got to go back to the store and get something better.