Monday, May 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. I just did a post on wonderful things about my mom, so here are some facts and great things about my mom.
1. She is one of four kids
2. She has two adopted siblings
3. One is only 3 years older than me
4. She has a great friendship with her sister
5. Her name is Mary
6. So is her mother, myself and my daughter
7. She grew up in many different places
8. She still has her southern drawl when with southerners
9. or when she is mad. :-)
10. She is great at decorating
11. Loves to share that talent
12. I love that she shares that talent
13. She has 10 grandkids
14. They love to spend time with her
15. She drives a BMW Z3
16. My husband loves when she comes to visit
17. She lets us drive it often
18. She watched my kids for 10 days while we were on the cruise
19. The kids missed her when she left.
20. So did I
21. She cut the umbilical cord of my youngest child
22. She has come to help me with every baby
23. She told my dad he spoke french like a Spanish cow
24. In french as a pick up line
25. They have been married 40 years
26. She got a scholarship to BYU
27. She played the violin
28. She wanted to be in the band
29. She played the bass drum in the marching band in JR High School
29.She led a protest in JR High
30. She plays the piano
31. That passed on to my daughter, skipped me
32. She goes to Hawaii every other year
33. She loves the sun
34. She tans very easily
35. She loves to read
36. Again passed to my daughter
37. Encouraged all of us to get a college degree
38. She has a Masters Degree
39. She got that while we were growing up
40. She loves clothes
41. She always is in fashion
42. She was a "cool" mom growing up
43. Still is
44. And a cool grandma
45. My friends love her
46. So do my in-laws
47. So do I
48. My husband and kids too
50. She is a great teacher
51. She loves to teach
52. She has good friends
53. Long time friends
54. She is a good friend
55. She taught us well
56. She hates Pasta
57. She married an Italian
58. She loves Mexican food
59. she is throwing herself a fun party
60. Happy Birthday MOM!!

1 comment:

Krish said...

Hey Chris, Just wanted to let you know how awesome I think you are. Your Mom shared your blog with me. I wish I had taken more time to say to my Mom how much I appreciate her. I know Mary is so thankful you include her in all aspects of your life the ups and downs and still ask her, her take on the world. These things are important. Thank you for reminding me of that, I need to show honor to my parent and children ( no matter what the age) People pass to soon and situations change to quickly to not hold them close to our hearts every day.