Along with slacking on my blog posts, I have also been a slacker on SPT. Lelly always has fun challenges for us. This month is no different. This month is on giving. Here is what she says:
and before you lovingly remind me of the economic recession, let me add that no money is to be spent on these gifts! let's focus on the gift of service, the gift of a smile, the gift of a repurposed or gently used item, the gift of a kind word. you know, those gifts that would be hard to wrap in a box with a pretty bow
So far I have neglected two weeks, and this is the third. I have to say, that I have been gifted far more than I am gifting. This is kind of a bunch it all together and be grateful for so many friends, family and "gifts" in my life.
.for tuesday, april 7: gift a family member
My family member "gift" was a vacation as a family. We tend to be so busy that our "together" time is often apart. So our LONG drive and time at the beach was a gift for our family, all of us reap the benefits of that gift.
for tuesday, april 14: gift a friend
This is Emma, we have been friends for about 8 years. The "gift" for this friend was our home for a week for their spring break. We were included with the home. LOL This isn't as much a gift for her as it is for me. We love having them come and stay with us for the week. A mutual gift I guess. They come here and we have them stay with us. Not only is it for her and me but check out the cute kids that come with the package.
for tuesday, april 21: gift a neighbor, teacher, co-worker
This is a fabulous gift right? Yummy strawberries and cake and whipped cream and chocolate. Ok I did not make this for a neighbor, teacher or co-worker. This is the gift that was given to me.
Easter dinner, we invited "neighbors" to join us. These neighbors just happen to be my second cousins as well. We love for them to have dinner with us and have the opportunity to get to know them better. They don't have immediate family nearby, just us. :-) So we had them for a yummy dinner, and this is what they brought us.Lelly, you are right, we do receive much more than we give. ;-)
for tuesday, april 28: gift a total stranger
So I will leave this for next week. A total stranger. This should be fun!!
Until next week..........

7 comments:
i'm so glad you participated in spt! my blog-reading has been slacking lately (although, i followed your family vacation adventures on fb, you know.)
what great gifts to give/receive! that dessert looks amazing.
OK...so I am totally craving chocolate covered strawberries with whip cream...YUMMO! What a fun vaca...and "free" tickets to Disney...bonus! So fun to have good friends come visit :) Good to see you again!
i've been MIA from SPT for MUCH longer and am looking forward to "meeting" new friends. Thanks for the yummy looking pics :)
that dessert looks fantastic! snd what great gifts to give, family and friend memories@
Ok that cake looks so good. I kind of like the SPT all rolled into one post. :-)
Great post. That dessert looks so yummy!
That cake looks delish...sometimes it is better to receive than give ;)
Post a Comment