So I know Thanksgiving has come and gone, but we had such a great time so I have to take a minute to post. We went to Southern VA to have an extended family Thanksgiving. 60 of our closest relatives. :-) I think that was mostly children. My cousins were there with their kids and that is always fun. We spent lots of time catching up and playing and of course eating. The kids had a blast and could run and play and the adults could sit and visit. It was great!

From there we headed to my parents house for the second family gathering. My uncle and his family and my grandmother were there. We got to spend some time with them. It was kind of a special time, my grandmother is moving to CA in January and she is getting so she is not always sure who we are. So this kind of feels like the last time we have with her before she may not know who we are. It was a bitter sweet day. So we have pictures of the days that are priceless. I will post some of them.

This is a picture of me (after a LONG day of shopping) reading the Christmas book that my grandmother used to read to me when I was little. I got to read it to my children and my grandmother. They have the book now and it will be something I hope they treasure.

This is such a beautiful picture of my mom and my grandmother. This is the day we left.

Four generations of Marys
It was a great time of giving thanks for the important things in this life. A wonderful start to the Christmas season and the gift that our Heavenly Father has given us all, the birth and life of Christ.
2 comments:
I can see the likeness in you all. What great pictures. It's nice to get calm, posed portraits done at busy times like this. I imagine I'd be the type to forget the camera!
I'm sorry for your grandmother beginning to lose her memory. My husband's step-mother has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's for about 5 years now and is in full-time care. She has absolutely no understanding of who anyone is, but physically she is in extremely good health. It's a strange, strange disorder that I hope someone can cure soon. Best wishes to her. x
sounds like a wonderful family gathering. at my sister's wedding, several years back, we were able to take a photo of 3 generations of sisters (all of the generations have 4 daughters each). it's an amazing photo, and we have since lost one of our great aunts, so it is a treasured picture. i'm glad you had time to spend with your grandmother on this trip.
Post a Comment