Monday, June 11, 2007

Catch Up!

Month of May/part of June in review. It has been so long since I have posted anything about our happenings. So here is a month in review, starting with the most recent events and ending with the ones that needed to be posted a month ago. Happy catch up!! Wow it has been awhile since I have posted of the many activities we have been involved in lately. So this is a catch up post with a quick synopsis of our doings lately. I think this time of year is almost as busy as Christmas. The above photo is a picture of the 8th grade concert. They did an awesome job with their music this concert. It is so fun to hear how much they improve each year. Mary plays the flute.
We took a picture of Mary with a few of her friends and the band teacher. When we were done we headed over to Haagen Dazs for some ice cream and socializing. She has some good friends. It was a fun night!
I came home from a Presidency meeting one night last week to find this on my door. The beehives decided to "thank" some members for the work they do in the ward. The former Bishop had his door done, the YW pres, the Relief Society Pres and the Primary Pres. They were little notes from the girls saying thanks, we love you, great job etc!! It was such a nice surprise to come home to. Thanks Beehives!!
We also had the end of the year party for my little Brownie Troop. They are not so little anymore, they are growing up very quickly. This was a game that they LOVED!! They had water balloons on the parachute and they were seeing how long they could keep them on before they fell and broke on someone. It was a hot day and they enjoyed getting soaked. We had a blast after the ceremony.
Here is Sarah receiving her 9 badges that we earned this year. Boy were we busy. They had a great time and earned a lot. Next year I am not sure we will try and top it. :-)
Memorial Day at Kings Dominion! We had a blast. My parents and my sister and I all went to Kings Dominion for the day. The cousins got to ride together and the adults got to chaperon, and ride a few things. It is harder to do the older I get. EEK I can't believe I am saying that. We had a great time and so did the kids. It was a perfect day to go.
Above and below are a couple of my children at the batting cages. Who knew that they could hit the ball so well. They all did great. Especially for never playing any type of baseball before. I had to take pictures of them. I was very impressed at their skill! Go Team Riker!
The reason for the batting cages was my Mother's 60th birthday party. She had her party at a little sportsplex. We did mini golf, batting cages and go carts. Below is a picture of my mom before taking off on her ride. We had a great time. The kids loved it and the adults had a blast too. Way to go Mom!! Great party!
And a long long time ago, was Drew's preschool graduation and musical. Below they are singing their songs, they did great. They did the West Indies, so they were to look and sound like Bob Marley. Which they did.
After the cute musical, we had lunch and headed back to the classrooms for their certificate. Here is Drew with his two teachers, Ms Shari and Ms Jennifer. He also had Ms Linda who moved south. Drew still thinks she lives with his Grandma.
Finally, in the middle of May Kate had her piano recital. She did a great job. This is something that she loves and seems to have a talent for, not something she got from me. But thanks to some past teachers, Ms Stefanie and Sister Dopp, she has a great love for playing and is happy to continue.
Here is a picture of her with her latest teacher. She is having a great time and enjoys playing even more now.
Great job Kate and thanks to all who have helped her be what she is now.
So this is our whirlwind month in review. Would you believe I have pictures that I did not download yet. The whirlwind continues into June.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whew! you've been busy!
happy summer vacation...