So 15 years ago today, Alan and I were married in the Washington DC Temple. We have been through alot in 15 years including three years at BYU, a short time in the parents basement where we had our first child, four moves, six jobs and a total of 4 children.
Alan and I met when I was 11yrs old. I was friends with his sister. We did not start dating until before our missions. I have to mention our first real date that Alan planned and took me on. He told me it was a surprise and to wear my bathing suit under my clothes and bring a change of clothes. He took me sailing and swimming. We then had dinner and watched the lunar eclipse, which was that night as well. It was a pretty amazing first date.
We went on our cruise this year for our anniversary. I don't think we have been on a week long vacation just the two of us since our honeymoon in Florida. It was great and we had so much fun. With all the craziness in life and kids sometimes it is easy to forget the two people that fell in love years ago. Not that we are the same now, but the glimpses of what we were with the wisdom of who we are now and the hope of what we will be as time goes on is sometimes lost in the daily challenges of life. I am glad we took the time to find that again.
So would I do it again? Yes! So Alan, thanks for the last 15 yrs and I hope you are up for at least another 15. :-) I love you!
Happy Anniversary!
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
15 Years
So 15 years ago today, Alan and I were married in the Washington DC Temple. We have been through alot in 15 years including three years at BYU, a short time in the parents basement where we had our first child, four moves, six jobs and a total of 4 children.
Alan and I met when I was 11yrs old. I was friends with his sister. We did not start dating until before our missions. I have to mention our first real date that Alan planned and took me on. He told me it was a surprise and to wear my bathing suit under my clothes and bring a change of clothes. He took me sailing and swimming. We then had dinner and watched the lunar eclipse, which was that night as well. It was a pretty amazing first date.
We went on our cruise this year for our anniversary. I don't think we have been on a week long vacation just the two of us since our honeymoon in Florida. It was great and we had so much fun. With all the craziness in life and kids sometimes it is easy to forget the two people that fell in love years ago. Not that we are the same now, but the glimpses of what we were with the wisdom of who we are now and the hope of what we will be as time goes on is sometimes lost in the daily challenges of life. I am glad we took the time to find that again.
So would I do it again? Yes! So Alan, thanks for the last 15 yrs and I hope you are up for at least another 15. :-) I love you!
Happy Anniversary!
3 comments:
happy anniversary!!
THANKS!
Chris,
Yes, of course I would do it all over again. I would be lost without you.
I love you!
Post a Comment